They Came To Armidale

In this history, I have attempted to give a simple outline of how my ancestors came to Australia with clues to further research for interested readers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Turramurra, New South Wales, Australia

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

" Afternoon Tea by Emma Minnie Boyd" 1888

Minnie Boyd left a visual impression of Glenfern the home of the Captain John Theodore Boyd. Boyd came from Ireland. He had served in the 11th Foot(North Devons) . His son Arthur was an artist and married Minnie a Beckett in 1886.
On pp66 under chapter 3 "The Boyd's of Glenfern"Fanny Barbour writes"Last night we went to the Boyd's....There were more people there than I expected to see. Captaon Mayne and Miss Mayne". I think this was probably my great-great grandfather??? Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home