They Came To Armidale

In this history, I have attempted to give a simple outline of how my ancestors came to Australia with clues to further research for interested readers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Turramurra, New South Wales, Australia

Monday, September 25, 2006

Sydney Ancher - Plans for Bobbin Hd Rd 1964

Anne Higham anne.higham@raia.com.au spoke at Ku-ring-gai Historical Society onWednesday 20th September on "Post-war Architecture in Ku-ring-gai".
At the end of the evening she gave me a data sheet with with architects buildings in the area.
Bev McNeill who was with me suggested we look the next morning which we did. This inspired me to unearth the plans which Sydney Ancher drew up for a house for Denis & myself.
We failed to build it due to financial constraints. I have a box with all the plans for housing which I has newspaper cuttings of houses in the bush on the outside. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home