They Came To Armidale

In this history, I have attempted to give a simple outline of how my ancestors came to Australia with clues to further research for interested readers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Turramurra, New South Wales, Australia

Friday, September 08, 2006

SCEGGS Moss Vale Photo from Lux 1951

An email from Morna Davey a fellow classmate at Moss Vale
asking for my memories of Reverend John Mason who had died age 90. Earlier this year my headmistress Miss Baddams died.
My memories of both are very good.
Anne Worboys found JOHN MASON on the Web.Vale
JOHN Mason 1917-2006
The Rev John Mason passed away on July 9. He was 90. He served in parishes such as Berrima/Moss Vale, Mowbray and Springwood and held positions at Shore School, Trinity Grammar, St Andrew's Cathedral School, Blue Mountains Grammar and the Dicesan board of Education.
In 1947 I started at SCEGGS. He also came that year. I think we were lucky to have the influence of a clergyman at school. He would have been 30 when he started at Moss Vale and at the beginning of his career. I thought he was very good and he obviously went on to serve in other Anglican schools.
Miss Baddams I will always recall drove me to Sydney to run in the Jubillee Athletics Championships in 1951. I won my race barefoot and was chosen to go to Hobart to run which was a great experience.
It was really good of her to take me. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home