They Came To Armidale

In this history, I have attempted to give a simple outline of how my ancestors came to Australia with clues to further research for interested readers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Turramurra, New South Wales, Australia

Thursday, July 20, 2006

They Were Good and Strong by Robert Lawson

Posted by PicasaThis children's book which won The Caldecott Medal in 1941,. over 60 years ago caught my eye when I was working as a Teacher-Librarian. It was never very popular with children.
Maybe already 30 to 40 years old. Fashions change.? American history? . My book "They Came to Armidale" did not seem to grab children. Many people have said "Your family will be interested" I will try and test Lachlan (my grandson ) reading both books and contrasting comparing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home