They Came To Armidale

In this history, I have attempted to give a simple outline of how my ancestors came to Australia with clues to further research for interested readers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Turramurra, New South Wales, Australia

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Bunratty Castle

Idly turning the pages of a brand new book
"The Great Castles of Britain & Ireland" which I picked up at Kuringai Library (thought Loc may be interested) I came to pp 145 and there was coloured picture of authentically furnished public or lower chapel. this was restored after Lord Gort bought the castle in 1950's. For years I had similar picture. Where is it now? I had found in magazine in late 1950's.
I liked the colour and style. It is a little bit like my big front room now I have put carpets down in colouring.
Shannon Development now manages Bunratty castle as part of the Bunratty Folk Park. It is open to the public throughout the year for a fee, and visitors can also take part in medieval banquets.

Inspired to go and see it. It is near to Galway.
Should plan to go there on my next trip to the U.K.

How much is an image imprinted upon your memory???? Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home